Saturday 3 December 2011

Tunjuk perasaan di KOMTAR

As an unofficial writer, I am born nosy.
When there are people gathering, I'll be the guy rushing toward the commotion
This is my experience of a rally/ 'tunjuk perasaan' 30 /11/12

 There's been a turmoil in Penang lately. Almost every week,there's a rally.

 What I observe is that demonstration are loud and hazy
There are so many sound and I couldn't actually hear what the people are rallying about
But I guess in Malaysia,rally is not to point out an issue to the citizen
It is merely to show disappointment and anger
but really,whats the point of obstructing the road and causing disharmony when nothing is to be gain
You see, I never object rally completely. I agree that the power of rally, if used by the brilliant mind could overturn a nation like in Egypt.
but there's no need to make a rally for every little thing you want to protest.
There are other ways that will not cause trouble to the people.
Inside the group of reporter, the police are gathered and discussing the plan to stop the rally.
I like this place. As I was watching, I meet a cute girl and we had a wonderful talk 
(hehe.out of the topic)

There,you can see the police manage draw people from infront KOMTAR and cornered them there.
Notice the many people standing in the 2nd floor. We have many nosy people like me huh.hehe
After about 30 minute of rally, some are caught and drive away in the police lorry.The rest of the group scattered away. There are no struggle and everything was under control

Info about the event :-
1. The group comprised of 300 people from several state NGOs, including Perkasa and Pertubuhan Kebajikan Sejati Malaysia
2. Nine people were arrested
3. It start at 12.30 pm and the rally march 800m along Penang Road to Komtar
4.The group asked for the resignation of Komtar assemblyman Ng Wei Aik, alleging that he is rude and unfit to be an assemblyman.
5. Ng Wei Aik is said to be racist for allegedly insulting two women who are married to foreigners, by labelling them “traitors to the country”
6. The group wanted to submit a memorandum to Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng which include to remove Ng, who is also Lim's political secretary.
7. Rizuad and two other Perkasa members were later accompanied by police to hand the memorandum to Information Assistant officer in the Penang Chief Minister's office Zuliana Aziz at the entrance of Komtar, who represented Lim. 
 
What really puzzles me is :-
1. Why is some of the protestant wears a yellow shirt?
Are they in the wrong event?

Hmm. Actually, I feel what these people feels. The oppression, the injustice
What more can they do to express their feeling of despair?
It's the mama tiger situation all over again, and they are the B's
and this time,the mama tiger decides to favor the A's over the B's

Be patient my brothers and sisters, some day true justice will be serve.
(I hope)

reff:-
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/224785 
http://www.freemalaysiakini.com/?p=4215
http://suarabloggers.com/edisit-utarapantai-timur/20018-penang-bergegar-lagi-dengan-laungan-rasis-.html
keyword
KOMTAR 30 November Perhimpunan Lim Guan Eng Penang

2 comments:

zulaikha said...

well, i guess, that's what people like to do nowadays - make a scene to show their 'unity' but somehow the intention was nit clear enough or get lost behind somewhere along the track when they just let their anger and hatred get in the middle.

therefore, destroying anything worth to be done reasonably and rationally.

i don't know myself what should i say about these people's behaviours. everyone has his or her own self-judgement to make and the freedom of speech is us to decide how we want to portray it to be - safe and sound or harsh and cold.

peace yo.

(:

Unknown said...

yeah. maybe they confuse rally to a parade.
But I just hate it when some individual/ organization take advantage of these people's hatred and resentment and manipulate it to their disposal.I pity them.

I guess we'll just wait and see. We can do our part by voting the right candidate for the next PRU.

p/s :- AT tak boleh daftar lagi untuk undi. Tak cukup umur =.="