Monday 5 December 2011

what is a frienemy?


If you play pokemon, you would understand the jokes~
So,what is a frienemy?
It's a term referred to a friend that is also your competing enemy
I have one,and I could say,without him, I could never be where I am now.
I am a very lazy person.
I have little motivation to study and succeed.
But having a frienemy push me to surpass my own limits.
I am no genius, but my frienemy are.
and I always envy his intelligence. Right from the first moment I met him.
Therefore, I'm forever competing with him. And the feeling is mutual from the other end
If I would ace in a math test, so will he in the next test
If I manage to catch Suicune, he will caught Entei.
If he buy stardust dragon, I buy red archfiend dragon
He scored tremendously in PMR. I scored in SPM.
I'm in Universiti Sains Malaysia doing my degree. He's in Polytechnic Kulim doing his diploma. 
but I'm sure he'll surpass me somehow. I heard he'll pursuid masters overseas soon.
Well, you get the main idea.

But you know what, he's one of the only few friends I have when I hit rock bottom.
Yeah,I've been there.
at that time,only then I realise the importance of a frienemy.
hmm,lets see.Lets call him, Z
I've meet him in sekolah menengah
Since then,we've been best friend
Study together, play together, compete together
whenever I feel I wanna give up, I remembered my rivalry with Z,
and continue holding on

So my point is,
Sometimes, you don't need a friend that is always kissing up to you,
or pampered you with all the help and assistance,
Sometimes, all you need is just a frienemy!

But sadly, I never found any frienemy in university.
In there, it's more of battle of the mind.
All is your friend,or else pretending to be your friend.
But so, I know I still have my nemesis, Z

p/s : Z and I occasionally hang out. We duel Yu-Gi-Oh cards now. =p
p/p/s : Z already married, darn it! he get there first.

keyword:-
identify distinguish frienemy

6 comments:

zulaikha said...

a friend in need is a friend indeed..

hehe, i myself don't have a best friend whom i can tell everything a girl always do with her bff.

but i know a few who can be there whenever i need one.

somehow, when i get too close with someone, the time constraint and distance become the barriers. so, in the end, i just have to bear with myself. and Him.

http://mereillusion-zo.blogspot.com/2011/03/tak-sempurna-tapi-indah.html

(the point is in this life, we meet so many people, but who really is going to stick around with us till the end)


p/s: awat awai ngat Z kawen?

littledolphin said...

i find this informative and funny! hehehehe

EXACTLY! FRIENEMY IS WHAT WE NEED TO SUCCEED.i love competition!!!

i live to compete :P

dah tak payah nak mengada nak kahwin awal ! sila kahwin umur 27 ke atas.okbai.:P

p/s asal tetiba ada benda 'be nice when commenting tu'? ada org komen tak baik kah? o.o

Juliet_iRa~" said...

huu..friend can be enemy..;p

be careful..:)

Pocket said...

pocket typıng here for the fırst tıme.
waah!
wısh ı was here earlıer!

frıenemy,
ı am dubbıng one.
n ı'll try to overtake hım.
startıng wıt my resumé.
:D

Unknown said...

zulaikha:-
I read the link,it was beautifully written.

chibbidolphin:-
Huhu.saja tukar.dah boring dengan yang lama

Juliet:-
I will,tq.
btw,welcome to my blog.=))

Pocket:-
welcome2.thx for visiting.=p
nice..come be my frienemy, hehe

Zex AlexandrosVII™ said...

Thanks faiz... =]
That was... Really nice..
*Terharu aku*

Btw, you time will come one day.
She just waiting for you to pick her up. ^^