Friday 3 June 2011

I like ayam sabung ( not for fight! )

 o
It always puzzled me how my father manage to tame a wild chiken, So I observe how he do it.


Chiken (or any other wild animal you would like to tame) have intuition.They can become close to human if they could trust the human. So, before you can pet the chicken, you must first gain their confidence.

Never chase after the chiken if the chiken choose to run. This would put the impression that you are it's predator. If it run, just let it run. Chicken always dash for a short period only, After a short dash,it would stop. Only then you walk slowly to it. Remember to always face your front to its front.Be patient. Never in any way, try to block the chicken.

And sometimes, I think that chiken have six sense. It can detect our intention in the heart. One normal day, I can easily catch the chicken. But during the day I want to slaughter the chicken for Hari Raya, the chicken ran like crazy. Weird huh?

Sometimes I look at it, the same concept is to be applied when we are meeting new stranger. Right?
1.First gain their trust
2.Be true

Well, my father like to bela ayam sabung. 


But he did'nt enter any fight. He just enjoy having a strong chicken. (yalo..like we buy Ferrari,not all use it for illegal race right.Just having it give the satisfaction)

Recently, all our chicken died. ( I am not pointing finger but I'm afraid someone poison them, I don't know who but SHAME ON HIM/HER ) My father was really devestated because his favourite ayam sabung died. So I try to cheer him up by buying him a new one. I never bought a chicken before so I try google it, mudah.com,blog. And I found one blog that sell chicken.

Do you know that some ayam sabung can cost you RM 1000 and above. The price usually rocketed up after the chiken win fight (Yep, there are still 'laga ayam' among us,but they keep it discreet)

I started research about Ayam Sabung. Actually there are many type. And like dog, they have many breed. Some breed are coward.(Aparently cowardice is hereditary =p ) These type of breed is unwanted. Yeah loo. Who want to use a coward chicken for a fight. Some, are brave. and they fight to the death.

There are many term. 'hujung' mean the chicken have the tendacy to use leg to attack. 'kepala' means the chicken use its beak to attack. The breed are determined by country. Do you know that in Filipina, the definition of ayam sabung is different. Even an 'ayam katik' (google it if you don't know) is called ayam sabung. This is because the definition of ayam sabung in their country is 'chicken that are willing to fight to the death'.So any chicken that are willing to fight till death is an ayam sabung.

Hmm..I'm suprised that many people still perform laga ayam. It is barbaric to bet on other creatures live. If the chicken fight naturally, it is acceptable. Chicken will fight. They need to protect their territory and womens. Its nature. But making them fight intentionally for betting purposes is unacceptable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry for the lack of post. My new job is so demanding ( and yet fun ). I come home exhausted. I usually wake up early in the morning (usually 5 am) to write my post but now I feel so lazy..huhuhu

2 comments:

Ariffah9 said...

cakap pasal ayam.

ada reban ayam belakang rumah ^^

[itik sekali la]

Unknown said...

ohh..ada ayam sabung?