Friday 17 June 2011

My experience working in KOMTAR

After working at kerepek and asam store, I work at tingkat 21,KOMTAR
Ok quick trivia. What does KOMTAR stands for? haa..

I worked for a company called Ilaunch. I launch, is responsible for computerizing the land tax. Before this, we can only pay tax at post office. But now, we can pay online. You must have seen the the mamak store iklan right? I have some contribution to the subject.

I work as a data collecter. My job is to key in the thousand of information into the database. (no kidding..we have to key in all the land information in Penang)

I can still remember the interview I had for the job. I am only 15 at that time. It's the rule that company can only officially employ workers that is 16 years old. I was almost got rejected, but I said " tak pe lah.lagi 6 hari, birth day saya jadi dah cukup 16 tahun". So, that's how I got the job,6 day later..

It is fun. I work under En Haslan. He is one of the people I respected. and he is the one who encouraged me to continue my studies.

The workflow:-

1. We are provided with JOFA file. In this file, it contained all the information about a land lot. For example, it's coordinate,adress, area of land, and size of land.
2. I launch has created a GPS-like software that contain map of Penang
3. Our job is to translate the JOFA file information and enter it in the software. We must first draw the 'land lot' then enter it's information like the owners particulars.
4. The finished application will be checked before it is submitted into the server.

I am the first batch. So my job is to familiarize with the workflow, then teach the newcomers.

I was only 16 at the time. So I really have a low sense of responsibilities and high sense of fun. So what I do is that, I installed LAN game in the server ( Like Counter-Strike ). This way, the server act like a Cyber Cafe..hehehhe. Ohh what fun we have back then. Playing games, taking extra long breaks. I enjoyed it to a point that I don't want to continue study anymore. But then, it was my boss who teach me the importance of pursuing studies.

After about 3 month on the job, I received a letter to continue my studies at KMK (Kolej Matrikulasi Kedah)

The experience of working here is so awesome. I'll always cherish it.

No comments: