Saturday 7 May 2011

Are your specialty, also your hobby?

o
I pretty much learn this lesson the hard way.
Your hobby is not your specialty.
But the motivation from your hobby will make you an expert in the activities.

I often heard people say:-
" Aku dah tak nak main bola. Tak da bakat "
" I minat menulis ni..cuma I tak da idea..Tak macam AkuTaip tu " (perasan sendiri sementara)
and many more..complaint2

When you like to do something, It does'nt mean you are already born good at it. It require hard work for us to master the activities.

I guess people nowadays watch too much movie. In movie, they kind of build a perspective in our mind that when we are good at something, that will be your hobby. A kid with a good martial art skill, will become The Chosen One and stuff like that.

That only happen in movie lah. In real life, you are what you choose to be. Look at me for an instance. I am no good at writing. ( AT sedar diri..) but I write because I like it. But from too time, I learn a bit each day on how to improve my skill. If you do the same thing everyday, even a slow learner like me can improve right?

I used to have the same mindset. And it really depressed me. I search and search inside of me and I couldn't find anything that I'm good at. So I end up not doing the things I like because I thought I'm bad at it. I search for a new hobby. The new hobby, I'm good at it. But my heart doesn't like it. It took me a long time to finally decides that I prefer my old hobby.

My point is, you must not restrict yourself by what you are good at and what you are not good at. It should be judge on how much you like the activities. Expert will come later. Like baba Ranchodas ( character in 3 idiot ) say " follow Excelence, and success will follow, pants down" .

Go out there and try new thing. Swimming, Bungee jumping, Paintballing, and many more. Who knows, you might find your passion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My True Hobby:-

1) Writting
2) Reading
3) Taking Picture
4) Playing Guitar
5) Play DOTA ( and any other engaging game )

Posted By,

7 comments:

Unknown said...

salam...dah ada 2 blog ea?
hehe, teruskan menulis ea... even cj dah ta blogging but sometimes will do blogwalking; skodeng blog kawan2..


btw, cj memang minat menulis..hehe, dulu penah ada cite2 nak jadi penulis novel but till now ta penah pulak start berkarya...

gud luck :)

Unknown said...

Yep.Mengisi masa lapang~

CJ datang la jalan2 selalu yeh =p Tengah cuti kan skrang. Dok kampung ke..

Ala..AT tau.Kalau CJ berhenti berblog pun,mesti ada ja hasil penulisan CJ kat mana2. Kalau tak kat blog, mana tau satu hari AT dok browse2 buku, tengok2 penulisnya,Cik Jari..Perghh..

(Thanks!)

Hate&Love said...

uih.mostly kite sama.

go go writing!

Ariffah9 said...

wah. like this article (:

playing guitar? sound interesting nampaknya ^^

Unknown said...

H&L- writing je? how bout DOTA? I have a feeling you are a fan too right?

Ariffah9- Hehe..You like playing guitar too?

Ariffah9 said...

Takdela. Tak pernah dapat pegang un wlaupun teringin. Pernah tngok gitar depan mata pun sekali jer, kat rumah org. Tak sempat (xberani) nak pi minta lak. ^^

playing guitar,mcm cool jer. hehe

Unknown said...

AT,hobi je main gitar.Tapi tak sedap pun AT main..hehe
Thx zuki!..sifu AT yang ajar AT main gitar.=p