Sunday 1 May 2011

Facebook versus everything else


I often hear people argue
“I only need my beloved FB.Don’t need anything else. Blog-can do in FB. Twitter-also can do in FB, Youtube-also in FB”
“It’s not the same loo”
“What not same..You don't know how to use,mengaku saja loo”
"ahh you crazy aa..go die la!!"
"You go die yourself!! *bam2x"
I leave the rest of the argument for the viewer's own imagination to ponder. 

Anyway.this is the new dilemma. Do we need anything else?  Status update in twitter, video streaming in youtube, article in blog, can all be done in FB. So, why you need anything else?


This situation is actually the same with Handphone Dilemma. Do we really need to buy an expensive handphone equip with high quality camera, kick ass sound system, accurate GPS,  TV streaming, WIFI and many other equipment they manage to squeeze inside a handphone or we should just buy an ok-ok handphone and buy the other equipment separately.
Well, when I brought up this subject, I’m sure some of you will say yes, and some will say no right.So, it really comes back to each individual.

For me, I rather have an average phone(Samsung Galaxy 5 is average right?)  and I’ll buy better camera (Kodak 7.2 Megapixels), GPS system that actually work instead of GPS that  give me wrong direction and I end up circling the town before reaching my desired location, Sony MP3 player, and a laptop for going to internet. Sure it is handy at time, but it is not worth it to buy a really expensive handphone equipped with state of the art equipment.Awesome as it might sound,once it is broken the many application inside will be worthless. In fact, the many application is the main factor for its high rate of failure. If you want to hear music, must use Hp,GPS-Hp,call-Hp,all use Hp. But if bought separately, You can enjoy maximum quality for each equipment. The downside is probably the cost will be higher but its beats having to repair your handphone frequently right?

Anyway, back to the main point. This is why you need all the stuff. FB is for connecting with other people and the FB application is expert in operating it. So you can have maximum quality. You can connect with people using blog too, but it will be silly because it is not the main function of blogging. Blogging is to get your opinion out by publishing article. So it is more of a one way communication rather than FB which focuses on two way communication.
This also applies for YouTube. I know we can see videos in facebook too but the quality, speed and function is not made for it.

I will not bore you with the details.I am sure you all can observe the difference yourself.
The main point is
...
Let's all write blog!!
Then,you can click on the follow button in my blog.(giving you all the cute puppy eye)
Posted By,

2 comments:

Dayana Z said...

ahaha, samsung galaxy 5 is so not an average phone :P ! , its still high-end right?
well, i use the iPhone, but yeah, I still own an mp3, a dslr, and a laptop.. hee, I know I dont use my phone to its max function.

true, fb can do pretty much everything :)

Unknown said...

hehe.but samsung galaxy 5 is just ok-ok if compared to the latest handphone in the market >.<

Wow.a DSLR.I want one!! huhu..(drooling)

now theres so much more..formspring lah.twitter lah.I don't know how people have time to update all of them. =p