Thursday 5 May 2011

First Encounter : Industrial Training

o
I am currently having my internship programme at Western Digital Media.
It is a strange experience. It is like I'm back at high school again.New kid on the school.

The department only take 1 intern, so I have no friend of the same age there. ( me pts*,so younger by 1 year)
It is arkward, mostly at the cafeteria ( when you eat alone,people tend to stare at you and it disturbed me)

but overall it is mind opening and full of experience waiting to be grab.
I worked under the waste department.
Imagine me telling my auntie " cek keja dekat department pengurusan sampah" hehe
My supervisor is very energetic, full of information and flexible 
He make all complex theory become easy. And he likes to explain. ( I prefer doing the listening part anyway )

My company already have ISO 14001* , but around these three day, they are evaluated to renew the license for ISO 14001. So on  my first day, I observed the auditing process. The regulation is very strict. Every waste must be registered. Waste have many type actually. The main problem is the dangerous waste. It must be handled with extra care.This is to prevent tragedy like the Minamata tragedy or love canal to happen again. You guys can google the name for more information

About the facilities. It is nothing like what I imagine a factory would look like. It is CLEAN!! You even have to wear the company shoe or shoe cover when you enter. It is because the company produce hardrive. So no dirt are allowed as it will disrupt the process. Even 10 Armstrong (x10^-10) size of dust will destroy a hardrive (> 10 times smaller than human hair)

( It is my first time looking inside a hardrive too)

The disk is too store information
The Write Head is the one to read the information








Actually, I try taking a photo inside the facility but there seems to be a signal that distrupt my camere. So when I take a picture.All that is display in my phone is:-
This is probably to prevent a camera fanatic like me to take picture ( and prevent spy from other factory to steal their idea)

I am incharge of two separate assigment. One is to optimize the segregation of the waste. Basically,my job is to find new way to encourage the worker to throw garbage at the correct waste bin. ( This one is the easy assigment. Next is harder ). Second assigment is on how to remove soap from soap water. You know when we have 'air sabun', when it is moving it will create foam right? So my job is to find out how to make sure the water cannot make foam. If you guys have any suggestion, Please do share it with me ( I donno what to do.Help2x)

Info ( * )
PTS- skip from standard three to five. ( I regret it. All the chick at my class are older than me =.=")
 ISO 14001 - Generally, it's a symbol of excellence in term of waste management.Like a gold medal.

Posted By,

3 comments:

Hate&Love said...

sorry, juz interesting to comment this :

unic signature

oh ya, suka dgn perisian kt case cd tu, mcm bes.

Unknown said...

thx..unic in what way?

Ohh..WD hardrive?

sekarang ni dah ada HD 2 Terra yang tak payah pakai power supply..
imagine how much movie,anime and drama I can store..(drooling)

Unknown said...

coment dulu hilang da..
biarlah.hang dah sempat baca kan H&L?
aku malas nak taip lagi sekali.Dah lupa dah pun.haha