Friday 20 May 2011

Do you have an imaginary friend?



















I don't.

But it would be cool if I have one.
People say, You can be a good writer if you can visualize your persona.
You can talk to it. and ask question.


This subject really fascinate me so I decided to google it.
But first,here's some jokes I found.














Hehe..get it?

Between the ages of three and six, about a third to a half of children invent imaginary friends. They're especially common among firstborn and only children  

Ok. From my research, I found out that there are a medical condition associated with having an imaginary friend. It is called Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it difficult to tell the difference between real and unreal experiences, to think logically, to have normal emotional responses, and to behave normally in social situations.

From my understanding, a Schizophrenia patient thinks a little differently than normal person.Their imagination are bizarre. They have disorder thought, hearing voices, paranoia, and more.Here's a  picture I google about Schizophrenia.

This is from a Schizophrenic point of view (I don't know.I am not one of them)


Some say,a person having Schizophrenia have a bipolar personality. Double personality. Like the main character in fight club ( awesome movie by the way). Sometime,it occur just as the person grew older . Even in Malaysia,we experience this situation. When a women is pregnant, some will experience "meroyan". It occur because of imbalance of chemical inside the women's body.
Not all Schizophrenia are violent,they just have to take their medicine (Antipsychotic).

Hmm..suddenly I'm thinking. " What a unic character it would be..maybe I should write a novel about it "

In sum, I still think having an imaginary friend is cool. hehe
From my point of view, having an imaginary friend means you have a wonderful imagination.When you are a child, you imagine having a friend that is perfect. As you grow older,you applied the same concept but in different things. You imagine your future, your plan, your life. All great things start with a single thought right?

So, how about you all. Do you have one?

Refference:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006011402071
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001925/
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=expertadvice&content=36466



Posted By,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nope..i dont have...BTw,nice info..very well presented..

Unknown said...

hehe..like the joke? I'm sure a mathematician will apreciate it..=p

Hate&Love said...

imagine.hoho

Unknown said...

hoho..thx H&L