Sunday 1 May 2011

What to do when you 'blur' inside exam hall

 o
I just got back from Transport Phenomena's test. It is brutal. I dunno about anyone else but I can't answer a single thing. But naturally as an engineering student,you should never ever leave your answer sheet empty.Heres some tips.
I doodle.I scribble and i write. I doodle diagram that are slightly related to the question. It might give me a few marks. I scribble down all the equation that might be used for solving the question. I wrote any note I can remember like for example any assumption used. We are going for pity mark.Once you can't think of anything to write anymore then you move to next step.

Lecturers are generally very kind. You should ask them for some hint. The trick is how you ask him or her. You should not say "sir,how to solve this question?" or "what is the answer?". That is a taboo question in the examination. What you can say is "Sir,I got stuck at this and I don't know how to proceed,can you please give me some hint?" or my personal favourite "Sir,macam mana nak buat nih? macam tak cukup info je?"
But the latter rarely got result.hehe

Other way is to copy other people or ask from others, I advised against it (ceh.who am I to say that,I sometime do it too) The reason why we should not copy is we want our mark come purely out of our own effort. When we learn,we must seek 'keredhaan' from our lecturer. Because knowlodge is in god possession. Study all you can, if you don't have your lecturer's blessing, you will not be awarded with the knowledge. Ya you might ace the test but the you did not gain any knowledge that you can use.

Usually I could master my strength and ask question but in this test,I sorta give up. It is really difficult. So difficult untill I myself don't know what to ask. The first question is a derivation question. and the second question depends on the equation derived in the first question. So.I am sure I lost mark on both of them. The third and fourth question require equation but it is not given and I can't remember it so..Bye-bye marks
The fifth-derivation again. (Sigh) The Last part is the theoratical part and I can't remember all of it too. So in sum,this test are a gonner. Luckily it is only 5% from my final examination marks.I have to double my effort.

I want to tell you about one scary test. It is an objective test.(I know some of you will be like 'haiya..objektif la senang,boleh tembak' ).For each right answer you got 2 marks and for each wrong answer,2 mark will be deducted. So basically if total question is 40,and you have 20 correct answer out of 40,your total mark will be 0!! Scary huh. This is what the medical student are up for. I understand why the university implement those rule. For a doctor,mistake are intolerable.One wrong decision and the patient could be dead. It basically set the mind set,if you are not sure, be sure first before you decide on an action.

I narrowly got this type of test but luckily my lecturer cancel it.(syukur alhamdulillah).K thats all for now

Posted By,

No comments: